- How would you describe your attitude right now?
- What in your life currently helps your attitude? What hurts it?
- If you keep the attitude you have right now, where will it take you in 5+ years?
A lot of people think there is nothing you can do about one's attitude, but Im here to tell you that you can do something about it ! Developing a good attitude is something anyone can learn. Here are some simple tasks you can do to help your good attitude!
- EXERCISE! I know this isn't everyone's favorite thing to do, but it is good for your body AND mind. It's a great stress reliever and for me, it can change a bad mood to a great mood in no time! Give it a shot, you just might like it. :)
- Surround yourself with positive people! Negativity and a bad attitude can rub off from one person to another just like a bad cold. It's not something you want to catch! Don't allow negative people to live in your life.
- SMILE! :) Super corny, but it actually works. Even when you don't feel like it, put a smile on your face. Don't let your bad attitude show. Fake it till you make it. :)
- Help others! This is one of my favorites. Helping others will make you feel accomplished and feel great about yourself. I make a point of doing one nice thing for someone daily (or more) something unexpected like paying for the stranger behind me in the drive thru their coffee for the day. Trust me it will boost your mood and people will see it!
A great attitude will take you a lot further than a negative attitude ever will.
We cannot change our past … we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you … we are in charge of our Attitudes.”– Chuck Swindoll, pastor, author